Senior Graphic Designer Position
— Senior Graphic Designer | Paid Position —
> Part time freelance role <
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Brand & Marketing Manager to join our awesome small remote-working team. We are after someone who really stands out as exceptional at what they do, dedicated well beyond the title of the position. We don’t love titles, and tend to just bring on board really awesome humans who can work independently and have the drive to constantly achieve. It is a dynamic role in our unique company in the world of esoteric arts with lots of moving parts and not an isolated stale position. We are seeking someone with exceptional skills and experience for the role to join our intimate team and work for a business that is passionate about Astrology, personal development, health & wellness, boutique stationery and the environment.
We are a growing brand based in Australia and North America. Our purpose is to share tools of interconnectedness, to live with awareness in alignment with the earth and the cosmos. We make beautiful boutique astrological planners, journals and products and sell globally. We use FSC certified papers, sustainable packaging, carbon offsets, vegan products, solar power in warehouses & office and are a 1% for the planet business giving back from every sale to environmental conservation and rehabilitation projects. We are a young business and have big plans.
Role & Responsibilities:
A wide range of digital & print design, including:
- Product design and excellent mockups
- Packaging design
- Email design in PS, InD & Klaviyo
- IG & FB social media post/stories & templates
- Pinterest pin designs, ads, website graphics & mockups
- Social media feed design
- Visual integrity - able to soak up our brand, style, design, ethos and adapt to expanding and supporting it
- Understanding materials, stocks and spec sheets
- Tech packs, specs, stocks, digital & offset experience
- Working with lead designer/founder cohesively, and ability to be self driven to work independently
- Primarily using & adapting to our style guide, and existing design elements
Experience & Minimum Requirements
- 3+ years experience in a graphic design role
- Experienced in print production & digital design
- Must have aligned aesthetics and visual cohesion, be personally aligned to our brand, ethos and love our products, interests in Astrology, wellness, esoteric
- Incredibly high attention to detail and accuracy, striving for exceptional
- Excellent typography, design styling and layout skills
- Self motivated, must be able to work autonomously and collaborate with the lead designer
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator at minimum.
- Illustration skills & GIF animation creation
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to reach targets, staying on schedule and budget.
- Photography & Video creation a major bonus
- Folio link supporting application and requirements
Ideally based in US, Canada or Australia. Hours flexible to suit Australian-Canadian team. Freelance contractor or part-time employee with 15-25hrs per week. Compensation to be discussed based on experience.